The Irex organization consists of a parent service organization and an affiliated group of specialty contracting companies operating throughout the United States and Canada. Irex companies have various specialties including installation and maintenance of mechanical insulation, sheet metal lagging, architectural finishes, passive fire protection, energy audits and the removal and abatement of asbestos, lead-containing materials, mold and other hazardous materials.
Migrating from World to E1 9.2
For the past 25 years, Irex ran its business on a JD Edwards World set of applications. During that time, over 2,000 modifications were made to the World applications to meet Irex’s business requirements. New features in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne would allow Irex to reduce this number to under 200. EnterpriseOne would also provide users easier access to data, and include room for future business growth.
Terillium provided key resources and recommendations for the overall migration as Irex’s partner for the migration. This involved reviewing legacy World processes to provide the best path possible for migrating their business from World to E1. Terillium’s overall upgrade methodology and experience coupled with Irex’s strong IT and organizational support provided for an extremely smooth cutover.
During the project the team was able to:
- Reduce 80 custom menus to 17 process-driven E1 pages
- Consolidate multiple payroll libraries
- Reduce number of custom modifications from over 2000 to 141
“The move to EnterpriseOne has greatly improved our access to business data and will position Irex to take advantage of added functionality and future IT initiatives.” – Betsy Beach, Director of Enterprise Software
New Business Benefits
Irex is saving time on important business processes as a result of the migration:
- Contract accounting: after consolidating and eliminating many legacy customizations
- Payroll: faster payroll tax related reporting after merging payroll data sets
- General accounting processes: quicker and easier access to information after moving to E1
Irex is saving money through new efficiencies:
- Reduced payroll maintenance costs: after combining salaried and hourly libraries
- Reduced reporting costs: including payroll tax reporting and union remittance reporting
- Reduced report development costs: due to enhanced user access to data in E1
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger
Congratulations to the Irex Team on their recent go live and World to E1 migration!