INFOCUS 2017 had more content than ever before with 225 sessions, and increased attendance with over 240 companies having a presence at the JD Edwards deep dive conference. INFOCUS17 boasted more than:
JDE Matters – And Why it Should Matter to You (Oracle Keynote)
Lyle Ekdahl, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Oracle JD Edwards, delivered the keynote speech at INFOCUS, titled “JDE Matters – And Why It Should Matter to You.” Below are a few key points from Lyle’s keynote:
- The future of business is digital – JDE is a vehicle to help businesses journey into that digital future. ERP has a fundamental role in digital transformation.
- JD Edwards product team has moved to a continuous delivery model – offering feature pack updates more frequently (a few times a year).
- JDE users that upgrade to 9.2 can take advantages of added functionality including UX features and ERP enhancements. Read more about the latest UX features.
New JDE Features
Considering 180 new feature enhancements and seven new feature packs have been released since EnterpriseOne 9.2 came out in October 2015, a lot of information shared at INFOCUS was around the new features in JD Edwards.
With the continuous delivery model, Oracle JDE plans to continue delivering at least two to three updates per year. Oracle has also extended its JD Edwards support commitment to at least 2028 for EnterpriseOne (at least 2025 for World).
This investment into JD Edwards from Oracle gives users many options to consider and take advantage of as far as new functionality and features. The Oracle JD Edwards product team is investing in three key development areas.
- Personalized user experiences for adoption and productivity
- Industry process effectiveness that extends beyond commodity (horizontal) ERP processes
- Digital technologies for business transformation: mobility, IoT, collaboration, and Cloud enablement
For more information, contact us.
The Fun Part
We had a great time meeting new JDE users as well as seeing many familiar faces in our deep dive session, at our booth, and at our VIP party.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth, including our "Life Saver" winner Julie. Her guess of 2949 Life Savers was the closest to our final count of 2872.
— Mark Brousseau (@markbrousseau) August 16, 2017
For more information about INFOCUS 2017, visit the host recap, by Quest International Users Group.